Saturday, July 19, 2008

WOW People are stupid

Start form the beginning

Amber was taking care of me and we had to go buy supplies to change the bandages and get more drugs. So one afternoon we found ourselves at the pharmacy across town. I was looking at tape and bandage stuff, Amber was in another part of the store when I saw an acquaintance that went to our church for a year or so, a year or so ago. Not really one of my favorite people, he had said some stupid things to me in the past about how I worship, but I try to be cordial none-the-less. but after this conversation, I hope I never see him again. Forgive me for errors but this is the best I can remember from what I have blocked out. Feel free to laugh I think it is hysterical. "him" me

"Hey, Emily!"

Oh, hey, how are you

"We're doing great, I heard about you're accident what are they going to do about it"

Well right now I am sewn together hosting a skin graft and they've amputated the tip of my index finger.

"Are they going to grow it back?"

(WHAT I thought, are you kidding me. I stared with a look of shock and awe, accompanied by an if-you-are-not-serious-I-am-going-to-punch-you and if-you-are-I-am-going-to-commit-you look) slowly I said

They ... don't ... grow ... fingers ... back

"No, really I was online and saw where there was this guy and he had an accident and they found this, well they made this stuff, made from like a pigs bladder or somthin', a powder stuff and somehow it will make it grow back, like all he had to do was put this pigs bladder stuff on it and they didn't sew it up they just kept it open and he, well it was like this guy he knew that was doing the research and they went to cut it off and he told them 'no' and went to this guy he knew it was like his brother or uncle or somthin' and they did it with the pigs powder and it grew back it was like a little tougher and hairier but it grew back, his nail and everything"

(still in shock) wow... really.

"Yeah You should look it up it was really facinating, pigs bladder powder"

Well, give my love to your family, I really need to get going bye.


Are you totally rolling or what! I wanted to say dude Even if there was technology like that, do you really think they would be using it in TEMPLE TX!! and What part of "they amputated it" do you not understand! I wonder just what he thought this "information" would acheive. Was he trying to help? (still in awe and worried about his 4 children).

I met back up with Amber in a wide-eyed get-me-out-of-here-NOW kind of state and recounted the events trying to convince myself it was some kind of dream. to no avail.

WOW people are stupid.

More

No comments: