Saturday, July 12, 2008

ER strikes again

Start at the beginning

We were met with the same hospitality as the first time. After waiting 15 minutes or so Dr Barry called us in. Yes, again, off with the tape! It had not been very long since the last time, so it was tender. We filled him in on all that had happened since that first surgery he assisted and I commented on what a long, hard ride it had been. He retorted in the typical ER fashion.

"No," he said, " that was your choice to make it hard it could have been very simple"

I think he was bitter because he was looking forward to cutting off my fingers and he didn't get to cut off my fingers in the first ER visit. He glued the end of the pin back on and began talking of not taping me back up. I was confused. No Tape?
"Then what are you going to do?"
"We will use an Ace and I want you to change the bandage every day?"

How in the world is this going to work? I thought to myself, and I don't want to change the bandage! I can only imagine what Tim was thinking - he would have to do the work.

Now, Dr Barry had obviously taken the 'How to Bandage Various Body Parts' elective in college I was amazed. Some how he took a giant Ace Bandage and got my hand and both boobs wrapped up and supported more securely than I had been the whole time and my elbow and pit were FREE. What's more he taught Tim how to do it in the process. I didn't even need the belt to support my elbow. Now I was really sporting the Napoleon look, but I was so much more comfortable.

More

No comments: