Friday, April 04, 2008

Shift Change

Start at the beginning

Shift Change, sent the most horrible woman into my room. She was cute with a pleasant demeanor but she seemed to feel it was her duty to tell me It was really no big deal that i no longer had the end of my finger and that I would be as normal as ever soon. Being the expert nurse that she was she, in not so brief a time, made it known that she saw this all the time I just needed to get over myself. Look lady I am pretty sure painting my finger nails will never be normal again. I held my tongue as she went on and on with as little compassion and sympathy as could be imagined, yet saying these thoughtless things in this oh-so-sweet, aren't-I-helping-you-get-over-this, kind of voice. It reminded me of Umbrige in Harry Potter.

It is a really good thing I was weak because I might have gone to find a cast saw just to let her experience how much of myself I had to get over. But, it did get us out of the hospital and Rebecca and Jonathan had cooked dinner at their house and invited us to come. We decided to go since I was numb and in as little physical pain as I would be in for a few days. Thanks, I needed that.

More

No comments: