Friday, April 04, 2008

Parents

Start at the beginning

Tim and I had talked on the way home debating whether to go to our friends house for dinner or not. Would it matter, another hour before we called mom and dad? After dinner we started home again, as we rounded the corner I said, "I could really use a hug from Daddy"

"Your parents are at our house" Tim said as we drove up the street "Isn't that your mom's car?"

I didn't answer right away. Could it be true, were they really here, was it just Mom or did they both get off work, did they know I needed them that badly? I still couldn't believe it as I walked to the door and entered my house.

There was Daddy. Mom came down the hall and embraced me immediately.

Hugs all around, and I curled up in Daddy's lap on the couch "Daddy they cut my finger off"

More

No comments: