Monday, March 31, 2008

Surgery 2

Start from the beginning

"They're cutting off my finger"

was my response to everything. I didn't think it was all that odd myself seeing as how everyone kept asking me how I was doing or how I was feeling. Stupid questions. I do believe there is a point at which common politeness is just rude.

It was an extraordinarily long wait it was close to 3:30 before they got me in. A few ministers from the church came in, and I was terrified about what my finger was going to look like after surgery even though I had imagined it a hundred times.

Afterward, The Dr. was satisfied, but we would have to do the grafting in another surgery.
It was the first time in my life I found myself not wanting to leave the hospital. There was nothing good on the other side. I don't know what I was holding on too I just didn't want to move. It was the same thing that made me not want to go to sleep the night before, going home meant it was real and permanent. Funny though sometimes it is not what you are moving toward but what you are moving away from that gets you going...

More

No comments: