Wednesday, April 09, 2008

You are going to WHAT?

Start at the beginning

"You are going to WHAT?" every fiber of my body jumped to attention.

He repeated himself:
"We are going to sew your finger to your boob and leave it there for three weeks."

OK so those weren't his exact words but Seriously I'm not kidding.

It seems that the Doc had to take soo much flesh from the top of my finger in the debridement during the second surgery, that there was not enough flesh left to support the normal way of grafting. So, that meant where ever they took the skin from would have to host the blood supply needed until the skin fully attached. Yeah, it took me a second too. WOW!

I remember saying to the Dr. "But I have great boobs! Really! I cut off my finger and now you're going to screw up my boobs too!?"

He promptly left the room.

I tell you what, My Dr. was amazing to put up with the likes of me. Mom and Tim were certainly mortified. Dad and I, no shame. We began trying to figure out what we could get on the black market if we took all their band-aids. Every one has their own way of coping I suppose. I was glad Daddy was there and wonder a bit what went through his head as I proclaimed the perfection of my boobs.

More

No comments: