Saturday, May 05, 2007

Girl Toys

After receiving our tax return, Tim and I decided to purchase some much needed appliances. Our washing machine would only fill 3/4 of the way up and only washed on one temperature. Our dishwasher had lost most of the posts and the little hatch you put the soap in didn't close all the way and didn't always open. We also found ourselves badly in need of a freezer because I don't throw any food away (not always good when you didn't like it the first time). None-the-less, off I went searching for reasonable long-lasting appliances to improve our current situation.

Money being no object is a very hard thing for me to get my head around. Our tax return came back big, it being the first year of Images of His deductions, and I had been saving for this purpose on top of that. I went all over the place comparing prices and service but couldn't bring myself to any decision. I was captivated by the Maytag Gemini oven. This was about the only appliance we didn't need, It was considerably expensive and exactly what I wanted. I do not spend large amounts of money on myself very well...at all. Tim said, your in charge it is all yours, I got mine last year, I am not helping you make this decision. I was great with all of that except the last one. Another thing I don't do well is make decisions. I try not to do that at all actually. further more the bigger the price tag the worse I get. Agonizing over sewing notions is a regular practice for me. I don't think I have bought anything other than groceries and Dress Barn without multiple trips to the store to check it out first (and I haven't bought anything at Dress Barn that wasn't already on sale, unless of course I was unaware)

But I did it! Funny, we didn't get the freezer which is what we set out for, but get this. I have a new front loading washer and dryer that stack! and a new dishwasher, the top rack is adjustable to fit full size plates if need be! and the Maytag Gemini oven. So how did i bring myself to buy 4 new appliances? A really good sale. Twenty percent off if you bought 3 or more and all four of them were on sale to begin with. I think I know now what happens to my father-in-law when he walks into Best Buy.

No comments: