Monday, July 24, 2006

The Bills

Ahhh yes it is time for everyones favorite task, the bills. I wonder sometimes how much we cripple ourselves by making things easier. We have a debit card so we don't have to write checks, automatic withdrawls and automatic deposits, a computer to keep up with transactions, balance, and let us know when things are comming due, and I still manage to spend hours doing the bills each month. It seems that no matter how much you have going for you, it still comes down to the pencil and paper. Debits vs. Credits. Bottom line, one mistake and it's the end of the world as we know it. Why is it that such a simple thing becomes an insurmountable task just by the bank putting things in a diferent order than you do. I hearby make a proclomation that in the evolution of this new cashless society we seem to be falling into, the bank needs to come to me to get a balance! All in favor?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen sista

Karen said...

My bills were pretty easy when I was one. I think I had only 7 or 8, and I paid everything at the first of the month, whether it was due then or not. Now I see the growing list already, and we've only been married a month and don't have a house yet. I suppose the one plus side is it sort of makes you feel all grown up.

Emily said...

You want to feel grown up?
Turn 30!
(hee hee)