Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stupid people

Start at the begining

We went home and continued to follow the Dr's orders. Every night we changed bandages and every night I looked at my dead black finger. It was so unreal. So hard to believe yet there it was, I was looking at it, so obviously shriveled, black dead. I still wanted to keep it.

News travels fast and most of our friends knew amputation was imminent, we decided to get out and go to a social event at a friends a day or two before surgery. It was at a friends house that I really respected and we probably wouldn't have gone otherwise.

We had a mediocore time and as I was saying my goodbyes the host herself said "So what are we going to call you now, Stubby Finger?"

I know, Wow. How do you respond to that? I suppose my look of shock and awe spoke for itself. She said "Oh I'm sorry" and something about hurt feelings. Tim said later that I responded well which is not generally the case so I was glad of that. After cancer you expect that people will be stupid but it always catches you off gaurd.

More

No comments: